8.07.2004

A Second Post

The only reason I started this was so I could leave a comment with a young soldier whose flair for writing in Iraq moved me.

I am a comfortable man, having moved inexhorably into his 'middle' years. I'm 45 years old, for a few more days. 'Middle' is a blessing-term of the times. 600 years ago, I would already have been possessed of a full life. I would have been an elder, old and wizened in the Black Forest of central Europe. Alas, this is the 21st Century. With so many billions of souls, that makes me, and you, infintesimal.

Most Oddly, from a microscopic view, I have found the simplest of experiential stories to be compelling. Individual folk are, to borrow the lexicon of the day, 'rockin'. Therefore, I have decided to add a second entry. Just for the heck. I cannot wait for the first 'reply'.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?