10.26.2004

6 in 10 look for post-election misery

Is that the way it is going to be? So say some. If it is going to be that way, then I hope Kerry wins, because the last four years have been nothing if not a shade miserable. What with the legion of whiners and moaners: "selected not elected!" Yes, I would rather be here in the blogosphere, among those bright minds who divine instead of whine. Yes, sir.

"I read the other day that there's going to be a perfect storm," Jack Martin, a businessman who lives near Salt Lake City, said of the growing number of lawsuits. "I think it's coming down to the courts. It worries me about our election system. I used to think every vote counts."

Both parties already have filed lawsuits over a variety of complaints -- from how provisional ballots are counted to alleged fraud in voter registration. Judges in several states have issued disparate rulings on provisional ballots, which are required under law for voters who show up at the polls only to find their names are not on the voter rolls
.

I just want a good night's sleep when this is over. Let the micro-whiners whine away. There will come a time ("soon, but not yet") when we all wake up fresh, and carry on ((I pray W wins BIG!)).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?