10.25.2004

Comfort in shadow of West Bank Wall

Between 2001-03, there were (11) separate Palestinian suicide attacks in the Isreali city of Netanya. This year, there have been none. Israelis are relaxing more. There is less of an armed presence in the streets. Tourists are returning.

"I can walk around freely without looking at everybody that's passing me to see if he's an Arab or not an Arab, he's got explosives underneath his clothes or not," said Netanya resident Carol Shaw.

All because of the wall which has been erected on Palestinian West Bank ground, encircling one village and town after another. Leftists howl at the inhumanity and the apartheid of it. Yet, there are no more suicide killings. . . . and I don't believe there have been too many Israeli forays into the West Bank villages where the wall has been completed.

The security of its citizens is a government's most important function. The Israeli government has been effective in this regard. The International Court of Justice and half the civilized world condemns it. What's tantamount? Public safety or public opinion?

Comments:
I can attest that Israel seemed safe to me. I was there this summer for three weeks and traveled extensively. I was in Asqelon when several Israeli soldiers were killed in Gaza. I never ONCE felt I was in danger. I saw the West Bank Wall, and was glad it was there.My advice: VISIT ISRAEL!!
 
Pecheur, you and Madonna are among people who I consider fortunate indeed. I really wish to go there, too (wall or no wall, but I'll take it in this day).

I am glad you give credence to the story.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?