3.07.2005

Good Golly Joshua!

Bono may be next World Bank Head

I thought I had heard it all when Jimmy Carter won his Nobel Peace Prize. Now this. What next? Tim Robbins assumes the reins of US Ambassador to the UN?

U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow has confidence in Bono. Snow said, ‘He's somebody I admire. He does a lot of good in this world of economic development.’

Other names under consideration include former Hewlett-Packard Chief Executive Carly Fiorina, Treasury Undersecretary John Taylor and former Environmental Protection Agency Secretary Christine Todd Whitman, according to this Business World article.

Geez, I don't know. The last time I got a good look at the man (whose music I generally admire), was his band's Super Bowl performance a couple of years back. The fellow looked rather grundgy -- a bit short on the shampoo, dull razor, wearing threads longing for the laund-ro-mat. Call me...stodgy?...but I prefer my bankers to look the part...

The news also places Bono in nomination for this year's Nobel Peace Prize.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?