3.08.2005

The South. Lost Cause? Hardly. Our heritage Rocks!

We've heard, for years and years and years, about the negative vibrations from the South. Racism! Bigotry! Hatred! Who in tarnation caused this to begin with? Liberal effetes, that's who. High nosed, righteous minds...who never bothered to walk the ground, and swat the misquitos, of the South to begin with.

We Southerners are sick and tired of liberal city-bigots in the north telling us what their perception of right is. To you who have never lived long enough in our land to perceive the truth of this region: we are sick and tired of your judgment. You know not of what you speak.

I got ticked, and I got proud, of this collection of CS Monitor letters. Read 'em all -- you'll get the picture. As for me, I'll stick to what I know best, and that is: a love of my heritage (including the 'flag' and its battlefield history), my brothers (of all stripes and colors), and my culture (hospitality -- check the etymology of the word).

The South has, despite the unceasing attacks upon its meaning and cultural thrust is going to retain its identity. We are not to be 'homogenized'; you snobbish 'hippies' can rant all you want about utopia. It is not the UN's ideal. Utopia, at least on this earth, consists of 'diversity', and the South is a distinct ingredient.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?